|Morais: Involved in high-profiled corruption cases|
Friday, September 11, 2015
The Missing DPP: Another Kelembai Curse?
A Kadir Jasin
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ "In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful".
A FORMER Anti-Corruption Agency (now Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission) director from 1983 to 2001 provoked my thoughts on the missing DPP Anthony Kevin Morais.
Incidentally, debater “nothing to hide” also raised the same issue, saying “getting scary. ag dismissed on the spot for being sakit. gov officers tranfered for doing a job too well. sb top brass dismissed and shunted. now a dpp goes missing. wonder whats the true story about altantuya.”
[REMINDER: No anonymous comments will be published. Please use Google Account, OpenID or Name/URL. Pseudonym is accepted. Be respectful. No swearing. Thank you]
Morais, 55, has been missing since Sept 5.
These are some of the things we know about him:
1. Morais was last seen on Friday, Sept 5 at 9am leaving his apartment at Menara Duta Kuala Lumpur in his government-issued vehicle, a grey Proton Perdana WA 6264 Q.
2. Police were trying to establish if the discovery of a burnt car early Sunday morning at an oil palm plantation in Hutan Melintang, Perak, could be linked to his disappearance.
3. He was an officer in the Attorney General Office.
4. He was seconded to the MACC. Involved in prosecuting high-profiled corruption and related cases including criminal breach of trust at Tabung Haji and Sime Darby.
5. He was recalled to the AG’s office but was not involved in the 1MDB corruption investigations.
6. As deputy head of the Appellate and Trial Division of the AG’s Chamber he has a hand in deciding on trials and appeals of high-profiled cases.
7. He is and expert on corruption prosecution.
So what has happened to him and, if he is safe, where is he?
It appears that Sang Kelembai and his deadly curses continue to play amuck on us and make our beloved Malaysia look like the old lawless west of the USA. Malu!
- A KADIR JASIN
- I was born in 1947 in Kedah. I came from a rice farming family. I have been a journalist since 1969. I am the Editor-in-Chief of magazine publishing company, Berita Publishing Sdn Bhd. I was Group Editor NST Sdn Bhd and Group Editor-in-Chief of NSTP Bhd between 1988 and 2000. I write fortnightly column “Other Thots” in the Malaysian Business magazine, Kunta Kinte Original in Berita Harian and A Kadir Jasin Bercerita in Dewan Masyarakat. Books: Biar Putih Tulang (1998), Other Thots – Opinions & Observations 1992-2001 (2001), The Wings of an Eagle (2003), Mencari Dugalia Huso (2006), Damned That Thots (2006), Blogger (2006), PRU 2008-Rakyat Sahut Cabaran (2008), Komedi & Tragedi-Latest in Contemporary Malaysian Politics (2009) and Membangun Bangsa dengan Pena (2009).